Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Satellite, Financing and South Paw

So, I just got a new car. It is a Mini Cooper Clubman and it came with satellite radio. Without sounding like the king of hyperbole, it has changed my life. I can’t handle regular radio anymore. Now that I know what I was missing, I wish I had gotten satellite a long time ago. The music channels are great…but it seems like I’m always listening to news. So, here’s the question:

Is becoming a news radio junkie a good thing?

Ever since I became a realtor, I have been more interested in national trends, but the Obama era has made me obsess on national and international news. A while back I went through a phase where I read every book I could that represented the Liberal perspective. It got to a point where my therapist strongly suggested that I not read Michael Moore or anyone like him for a while. Well, years later, I find myself obsessing on the news again. From the bailout package and housing to health care, I easily get swept up in the need for change. “Ignorance is bliss” is a saying that I am guessing has been around a while. Man, it’s hard not to get swallowed in the drama of our global politics when everything in the press is negative. Some would say I’m susceptible to the addictive qualities of the news. I’m starting to think that my therapist had it right; sometimes stumbling through life with naïve positivism can be nice. I think I’ll move over to Dr. Radio!

A quick note on financing. This, in my opinion, is where the problem and resolution of the financial debacle is centered. Wells Fargo is trying to do something about it. Last week they announced a loan package that is 90% financing. I have a great lender at Wells for you to contact if this interests you.

Also, all Polar Bears are left handed. True.

1 comment:

michael baird said...

hi steve,
i think becoming a news radio junkie might be a somewhat bad thing. staying informed issues is great, but those shows just stir you up and keep you stirred up. being away from them is one of the reasons vacations are so nice.
baird